Allen from Fauquier County Virginia to Morgan County Georgia
The Elk Run Anglican Church was organized about 1750 in Fauquier County, Virginia and embraced a community by that name.
The following notation fromFauquier During the Proprietorshipby H. C. Groome, P. 93, 180:
William Allen for 313 acres on Elk Run adjoining an earlier grant therein. William Hackney and John Allen for 1013 acres upon the head of Town Run and another grant to Hackney for 247 acres... Between the marsh road and the Rappahannock, Benjamin Crum was given tl1e road from the mouth of the Marsh Run to Hedgeman's Quarter, the latter situated between Tin Pot Run and the river."
The descendants of the Allens of Fauquier County, Virginia have been traced to Morgan County, Georgia and is available to members of http://www.georgiapioneers.com/